Kidney Stones Community
419 Members

anyone have cystenuria?

Hey I have had cystenuria my whole life and a ton of kidney stones anyways by now I know when im obstructed and need a procedure but ive had a stone for over a month now thathhasn't gotten quite that bad and symptoms come and go but all previous stones that g ave been bearable have passed a lot sooner than this...anyone had a cystenuria stone that has lasted this long? I would just go to the er but im currently without insurance and am avoiding it if at all possible any advice or previous stories of your own will be appreciated.
Hi Mic, I just had a 4-5mm stone removed from my ureter. It was not causing me pain, as it settled and quit moving, but I wanted it out. I have read though that stones of any kind can take up to 8 week or more to work their way out. The thing that matters most as you know is the size and lots of water.. Also read 4mm and under usually pass on their own.

Good Luck
Gary In Macomb, MI.
If it was me, I'd go get it taken out. The uncertainty of that stone being there and not knowing when it will cause you severe pain and really mess up any plans you have would be enough for me. I went through that in Spring of 2013 and after three months had stones removed. Good Luck and please let us know how you are doing.