Liver Disorders Community

SGOT - SGPT - Danger Levels

Dear

I have tested for Liver Function Test

The only OUT OF RANGE FACTORS ARE AS BELOW

SGPT - 107
SGOT - 78

I am a frequent drinker.

I am geting skin reddish iticy rashes for last few weeks
after i consume alcohol.

Kindly advise regarding the condition of lever,
Critical Values for SGOT - SGPT.

Apart from stopping alcohol what
do you prescribe to prevent the
present condition.

Regards
Sameer
hello,

first of all, thanks for all the professionals here for their wonderful response. I am 29 yrs old man, had alcohol problems but been abstaining for past 3 months after i started getting pain in my "liver" (yeah, it feels like liver pain).

i did a CT scan 2 weeks ago and my gastro told me i have "fatty liver". Somewhere in wikipedia i heard that it will take a decade or so of heavy boozing to develop fatty liver, but in my case less than 3 years! today that i did SGPT and SGOT tests, sgpt 103 and sgot 58 (again, ratio of which is less than 0 and normally would have ruled out alcoholic liver disease, but here I KNOW its because of my alcohol!

I was prescribed to take two drugs, one is ursodioxycholic acid, another is metadoxine. at present my doubts are:

what all are the live-friendly diet? i heard that fatty liver disease is totally unrelated to fat foods, so avoiding fatty food will have any impact?

again, i normally have daily edurance workout (10 km walk at 9'/km), would it offend my prognosis?

thanks,
WeepingLiver
im very much willing to give part of my liver to someone there in canada. you can reach me thru email ***@**** or thru mobile +639212759611

Hello Doctor,

My name is Aditya and am 35 years old. I had a GIST &was operated, The GIST was completely removed & PET CT SCAN mentioned no metabolically alive cells, As precaution I was put on Imatinib for last 4 months. LFT was normal for first 3 months, This month I have raised SGOT & SGPT LEVELS & also HBV Ag is positive ( Was Negative in test done before my Surgery).Should I continue on Imatinib or need to go for a second opinion. What is the course duration & Will this HBV ben cured.
Thanks in Advance
Adi

I am Sudhakar, 29. I am concerned with my Liver report.
SGOT: 69, SGPT: 77, Total Protein: 8.4, Albumin: 5.2.
These levels are above the normal range.
I used to smoke a lot but reduced these days to 5-6 per day.
Is this the major reason

Thanks,
Sudhakar
My mother is 50 years old.she has HCV+ her SGPT/ALT is 78 is it dangrous or not and what is the highest rate for SGPT/AlT
Hello Doctor,
Is it advisable to take ursodiol 300 mg to reduce SGPT and SGOT levels?
My dcotore has prescribed me this. I have fatty lever and SGPT level is slightly high (<60). Should I take this medicine?
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem