How long should I wait for the pill to stop bleeding supposedly caused by Mirena?

Had a Mirena IuD inserted 7 months ago and have bled every day since. Have had it checked for a move in position, it is in place, but they found a 3mm cyst during the scan. I have no history of cysts.
I have been put on the contraceptive pill alongside the mirena to settle the bleeding but it has been 11 days now and the bleeding has not stopped.
The doctor told me to return if the bleeding hasn't stopped as it is likely the issue isn't hormonal.
How long should I wait for the pill to work?
I am leaving the country in 1 month to do a 3 month volunteering placement. Help please x
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Mirena IUD Side Effects Support Group

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.