Miscarriages Community

Weight gain after miscarriage

Has anyone had any trouble with weight gain following a miscarriage and D&C? I have actually gained more weight since the D&C than I did while I was pregnant. I'm wondering if it's a hormonal issue. It has been about 3 weeks since the procedure and I haven't started a new cycle yet. Any advice?
It could be a depression thing.  Maybe you are eating more than you think due to being upset over the m/c.  I suffered a missed m/c in Sept of 03 but do not think I gained any more weight.  I was pg again 3 months after and actually lost weight due to being sick.  If possible stop and think about what you are eating and see if that makes sense.  I guess it could be a hormonal thing as well.  Everyone's body is different.  Good Luck to you.
i gained a lot of weight after my 2 mc. For me i think it was a mixture of hormones, and depression eating. Also i wasnt very active, real upset and couldnt get out of bed. So i started this pregnancy ( 36 weeks now ) almost 15lbs heavier then i should have. Its going to be hell trying to get it off!!! lol
I gained 10 lbs in 1 month after my miscarriage- but it's because I was eating like a pig!! I was so depressed. Once I made up my mind to change it (I'd lost 30 before I got pg and didn't want to gain it all back) it came off fairly easy... don't beat yourself up about it. I think miscarriage is the hardest thing to go through. I know for me it's the worst thing that has ever happened.
I gained 11 pounds (from day one)  from my miscarriage - so some was pregnancy.  I only lost 4 of that.  I was reading that your body isn't real sure about when to know it is OK to let go of teh fat cells?  i know with me I watched every grain and calorie I ate and I ran miles and miles and miles.  But it wouldn't come off   (finally my doctor told me to stop running so much before I got pregnant again).  but best of luck to you - I really do think that your body has ideas of its own up to some point
I am so glad to see this here.  I had a miscarriage and had to have a D&C.  Since then I have gained almost 10 pounds.  I'm sure at the beginning it was depression, lack of activity, and comfort food, but I snapped out of that after a couple of weeks and have been working very hard to lose it.  My husband has seen how hard I have been working and we are both confused on why I have not dropped any of it.  We didn't know if it was hormonal or what.  I've tried real hard to not to get discouraged and this helps to see that others have this same problem.  I would like to hear from more and their experience, and what has helped them to get back to "normal".
I think my situation has been similar. Unfortunately, I went through a similar situation last summer. I also gained weight following the miscarriage. I agree that some of it was depression related but like you, it seemed like no matter what I did--I got no results. I think I started to lose some of the weight once I started my next cycle so that's why I think some of it must be hormonal. How long has it been since your miscarriage/D&C?
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.