My story is very long but I'll cut to the chase and give you all a bullet-point list of diagnosed conditions I have and associated (and non-associated) symptoms which I feel all point in the direction of a MS diagnosis. I've been to to Neuro's; first one was a specialist that was useless. The long and short of it is although my Brain MRI's show "Multiple Foci" indicative of "Demylinating Disease" my Neuro won't diagnose me until my MRI's show changes. Here's the list:
* Very abnormal brain MRI's showing multiple foci in the subcoticial and periventricular regions
* Bilaterail Sensioneural Hearing Loss
* Cognitive Deficits shown on Neuropsycholgical evaluation: "Short Term Memory Loss, Deficits in Executive Functioning and Judgment"
* Abnormal VNG (confirming episodes of Vertigo)
* Opticial issues: Blepharitis, Uveitis, Dry Eye (Eye Dr. states Optic nerve is "Pale")
* Dysphagia (Swallowing Disorder)
* Clinical Depression
* Parasthesias (tingling in right hand on/ off (currently "on" in pinky finger and ring finger), Right foot
* Strange buzzing sound in head accompanies numb electric like shock feeling in right foot upon moving my head certain ways (almost always happens when exercizing)
* Orthostatic Hypotension
* Muscle twitiches (finger, hands, legs, whole body at times)
* Shingles (last summer)
* Extreme fatigue
* Sharp shooting pains in body (intermittent). Had them last night in the back of my skull
* Frequent falls in the past due to disorientation, dizziness, vertigo
* Positive Babinski's sign
* Always fail balance test in Neuro's office
Had every test imaginable for other diseases which have been ruled out. I do have Hypothyoidism (was dx'ed 15 yrs ago). Negative Lumbar Puncture. Did NOT have EVP's yet; asked Neuro to get tested. Had NeuroTrax testing done and waiting for results (memory test which I am pretty sure I failed).
Like many Limbo Landers my concern is if I have MS all this time is passing by without medical treatment and I could be getting worse. I understand they can't DX until 100% sure but sometimes I think they over look the most obvious things, like my recent depression and shingles and Uveitis. Would love to hear your comments, suggestions, insights. Does my "case" cry out "MS" to you?
PS: I'm sure I'm forgetting a host of other conditions/symptoms. Memory really is that bad; I'll re-post if I remember.