I am scared out of my mind at this moment. I am a 53 year old male that was diagnosed with Benign Fasciculation Syndrome 20 years ago. My twitching had been happening only mildly for the last 15 years. At the end of January, 2019 I developed a burning painful numbness in the back of my neck that stretched across the back of my shoulders. It also includes shooting pains into my shoulder blades and soreness in various parts of my shoulders and the bottom of my skull. When this happened my muscle twitching came back with a vengeance especially in my hands causing my fingers to twitch. I am also experiencing twitching in my triceps, chest muscles, legs and feet. My muscle twitching is bi-lateral. Other symptoms that started in January are the following:
- Body overheating at night causing a damp collar most mornings
- Constipation Issues
- Some Bladder issues have occurred over the last four months where I found myself needing to urinate every 1.5 hours. These bouts lasted no more than one day each.
- Mild Dizziness that comes and goes
- Paresthesia on left side of head that comes and goes
- Diffuse joint pain that comes and goes
- Stiff joints each morning
- Stiffness in my right hand that seems to impact my right forefinger the most
- Over the last week I have been waking up each morning with pain in my lower back
I have had a full battery of blood work ordered by my internist which showed a very low Vitamin D level which I am taking 4,000iu daily of a D3 supplement to treat. My internist also ordered a CAT Scan of my neck to look for possible lymphoma and all was normal.
I saw a Neurologist who said because I am not experiencing weakness he does not know what it is but he did order a Cervical Neck MRI w/o contrast. The results were Normal Alignment of Vertebral stature in the c-spine. C2-3 Tiny paracentral disc protrusion w/o stenosis, C5-6 minimal disc bulge w/o stenosis, C6-7 mild disc bulge with tiny central disc protrusion w/o stenosis, and C7-T1 minimal disc bulge w/o stenosis. The neuro prescribed me physical therapy which has not helped.
I saw a second Neuro last month that was a Parkinson’s Specialist that declared it was not PD. I now have an appointment this month with a Neuro who is a MND and MS specialist. I am scared out of my mind because my symptoms have not stopped and now I think my anxiety and a mild depression I have developed are making things even worse. Any thoughts?