Neurology Forum

Post Concussion Syndrome

Posted By Leanne Garvey on November 05, 1997 at 12:44:35:

Dear Doctor,
  I had a mild head injury three years ago, my symptoms include headache,
dizziness, slurred speech, blurred vision, memory loss and tremors intermittently.  I've been treated with Elavil, Pamelor, Desipramine, Zoloft and now Prozac,  most work for a period of time then stop.  My MRI was normal, EEG showed slowing in the Temporal and Frontal lobes.  Sleep study showed abnormal waves during sleep and Neuropysch testing showed memory problems, all these tests are  three year old.  Do I need anymore tests?  Is there anything that could be done three years after the initial injuy.  Thanks for any input.
                                      Sincerely,                                                                                                      Leanne Garvey
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease