This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Re: Tendon Lengthening

Posted By CCF neuro MD MM on October 28, 1998 at 12:13:58:

In Reply to: Tendon Lengthening posted by Jeremy on October 28, 1998 at 11:19:28:

I am 27 and have CP on the right side, causing calf tightness
and spasticity.  As a result, my right foot has a very high arch
from walking on the ball and tight foot muscles.
Stretching reduced the tightness but will likely never allow
consistent heel-to-toe walking.  Is it possible to surgically
lengthen the tendon?
Thank you,

Tendon lengthening is a surgical procedure usually performed by orthopedic or plasic surgeons and is indicated in some cases of cerebral palsy. Each case is individual but the option does exist in some cases.
Your first step in exploring this option should be to consult an orthopedic surgeon to see if this is a viabl option in your particularproblem.
I have attached a reference which discusses the issue, you may even wish to contact the author at the Scripps Clinic where this work was done.
If you wish to contact the Cleveland Clinic Dept of Orthopedic Surgery the appointments number is
(216 ) 444 2606

Read more
Discussion is closed
Follow - 0
Upvote - 0
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Request an Appointment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now