Neurology Forum

post viral neuro syndrome

my husband was diagnosed with post viral neuro syndrome after a combination of viruses. Several years ago he had viral meningitis resulting with headache, SLEEPLESSNESS, aches, disoriented, poor stability, visual impairments, and of coarse, anxiety.  This is the second episode of these same results since the meningitis and if he gets a sinus infection (he has chronic rhinitis), a virus, upper respiratory, it last him much longer with more severe symptoms than your usual person. He now is homebound for five weeks. My husband is a 54 year avid runner and cyclist.  Where do we go from here??

what did Lori find out when she went to John Hopkins???????

from Lynda in s.c.
A related discussion, Post Viral Syndrome was started.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease