Neurology Forum

stroke

Posted By amy on September 18, 1998 at 02:41:06:

about a week ago my father complained of chest and arm pain.  when i suggested a mild heart attack he did not take me seriously and failed to see a doctor.  he then came home a couple nights ago with a terrible black eye.  apparently he had gotten in to a dispute that ended in violence and was hit in the head with a 2x4.  He refused once more to go to the doctor.  he did not show any signs of concusion so we dissmissed it.  last night he came home Very shooken up and seemed to lose controll of his left side.  he has been under a great amount of stress lately and i suspect that he is perhaps haveing a mild stroke.  Yet dispite all that has happened he still refuses to go to the Doctor.  it would help if i have documentaton of stroke symptoms.  and i plan to call 911 if he refuses once more.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease