very sharp pain on the right side of my head

I have a sharp pain on the right side of my head and my temple on my right side is sore.  The pain comes and goes and this just started.  If I am sitting down and stand up at a normal speed I have to sit back down due to the pain...I am not having a headach, because it does hurt all the time?  Just at times this pain happens and i can tell if i stand up the pain will come back.  Makes no sense to me, but i really would like to know if I should be concerned about this?  It just started to happen about a week ago, so I'm not going to the Dr. because i'm thinking I pulled a nerve or something...should i get it checked out?  Any advice would be great.  Thanks a lot!
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I have been having a similar pain.
For almost 2 weeks now whenever i stand up i get an extreme stabbing pain in my left temple for about 20 seconds and then it dulls down a bit whilat i walk around, eases more so when i lay back down and the same thing happens over and over.
I always drink 3 litres of water everyday and eat healthy and exercise so am confused too.

I hope you find a solution to your pain
Hello Jason.

It would help if you can get your Blood pressure checked. Some headaches do come and go and change of position does play a role. Have you tried analgesics yet ?

Do you remember of having hurt your neck recently ?

I would recommend that you consult a physician and get this investigated. It will surely throw some insight.

Regards
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into my blood pressure. I have a bad family history of heart attacks at young ages and I'm 32 now.