do i have ocd?

hi. i was diagnosed by psychiatrist to have depression and depersonalisation. I dont really feel depressed (sad), but just that i begin to feel numb to my surrounding and my major concern is with my lack of concentration and detachment to reality. i have stopped meeting my psychiatrist due to financial restraint and i dont want to rely on medications anymore

putting this aside, currently i'm also having problem with repeating words, phrases in my head. For example when i learn new english vocabulary, i will keep on repeating the word for hours/days..even when i read something and that thing is stuck in my head..i cant stop myself from not repeating it..and if i stop, i feel suffocated and my head feels heavy

i have experienced this since high school usually when i study for purpose of memorization..but now it feels much more worse..so is this one form of ocd?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  We cannot diagnose you on the forum.  It looks like you have seen a professional and got a diagnosis.  I understand that it is costly and this puts a financial burden on people.  You mentioned medication...are you currently taking medication?  
thank you for the reply. i have stopped taking medications..i have tried effexor, lexapro, ritalin, lamotrigine, etc but none worked
did the psychiatrist ever refer you to a psychologist for CBT?
He didnt refer me to anyone..but i have already gone to see psychologist once. sorry to say but i was disappointed..the psychologist didnt really spend time to give some advice..he just kept on saying "you have to tone down your life" etc..and i prefer medications as i think counselling would not be of any help. i think talking to friends is much better cause they also give the same advice as the psychologist
COMMUNITY LEADER
And you stayed on the medications at least 4 weeks to make sure they didn't work for you?  What about Wellbutrin?  I take Wellbutrin for OCD and it works well for me.  Might be worth a try.  Also, learning how to deal with the thoughts is very important.  Of course you need to find a psychologist that teaches CBT and that you like and feel you are getting something from.  
yes already did that..i will take your consideration thank you so much for advice

You are reading content posted in the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community