Orthopedics Community

Back/pelvic/flank/hip pain. Could this be nerve related or a disk problem?

Hi everyone,
I've been experiencing pain, pressure, burning feeling on and off for a year. sometimes the pain is every day for as long as two months. It kind of seems to be related to my period, so I have been diagnosed with possible endometriosis and put on BCP. But a lot of the time the pain is not around my menstrual cycle. Right now I'm having a lot of pain and I just finished my period. The pain is always on my right side. Sometimes in my lower right back, sometimes in my right flank, and sometimes in my right abdomen. It spans from my ovary area, all the way up to under my ribs. It often feels like burning or pressure.

I've had a pelvic ultrasound, an abdominal ultrasound and an abdominal CTscan and all were normal. Blood work also normal. I've given up on the doctors as they seem to think it's all in my head.

Last night my husband was massaging my lower back, and there was a spot on the low right that was really sore. When he pushed on it, the pain went through to my pelvic area and sort of mimicked my pain that I have. He said it was really tense feeling and there was a big lump in my muscle. It started to hurt down my legs as well as in my pelvic area, so I made him stop.
Well now I'm wondering if it's my back and not endometriosis.

I've also been having shooting pains in my underarms, as well as hip pain on both sides when I sit cross legged for to long or walk on my treadmill.

I also have myofascial pain disorder in my jaw, don't know if that's related, but it's on the same side.
Hi! Did you ever find out if this was related to the spine?  I have very similar issues.  I have had pain on my right side for 2 months.  The pain is just below my waist at my hip and maybe right about where my ovary would be.  Sometimes it is burning sensations and sometimes it is like a shooting sharper pain but not bad enough to double over, and most of the time it is achy and sore in the lower right from my groin up to the waist.  I did have an ectopic pregnancy and my right tube was removed in 1987.  On a pain scale it would be about a 6 most of the time. I had an abdominal CT scan in  February 2009 and everything showed normal.  Other tests I have had are a CT scan of abdomen in Jan 2004, sonogram of right lower abodomen in 2004, Colonoscopy 2004, Sonohyst in 2006.  All showed normal results.  I am still having pain and my lower right back is very sore also.  I also have sore spots on my right hip, in the middle of my right buttock and along my spine. Still have some burning sensations, some short sharp pains, and sometimes I have discomfort above the waist on the right.  I have no nausea or problems eating.  Occasionally I have some loose bowels and constipation maybe a couple times a week. Otherwise bowels movements seem to be normal every morning.   I have had these pains about every 2 years since 2003.  They last about 2 to 4 months then subside and no problems for about 1 ½ years. My primary doctor told me to go to a gastro doctor. What other tests could you recommend. Wondering if this could be due to spine problems.  Trying to decide if I should go to gastro doctor, chiropractor, massage therapist, or neurologist.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.