Orthopedics Community

I fear I might have osteoarthritis and i'm only 14!

I would really appreciate it if someone can reassure me or answer this question!.

I fear i might have osteoarthritis!! and i'm only 14. My physio didn't say anything like that, i think i remember her saying i have some bone spurs there but not osteoarthritis, my gp's checked the x ray for another reason but they didn't say anything. My hip bone and socket is sort of narrow on one side of it. I'm freaking out about my future, there was pain before but not anymore, i'm not restricted at all other than the annoying hip clicking! I'm so scared. Now i'm having physio once a week. I'm trying not to over react (obviously failing) but i'm really scared. My dad's side of the family is known to have weak joints or joint problems, my brother has weak joints too but his problem on his leg is a nerve thingie. Unlike mine. T_T i'm really freaking out!
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms, though it is unlikely to be osteoarthritis at the age of 14 years especially nothing specific was mentioned by your orthopedician. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating doctor.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.