Orthopedics Community

Knee pain

Hi , I am 40 years and encountered with orthoathritis . Doctor told me Cartilage between the joints has gone . I am applying some ayurvedic oil to massage my knee and doing the stretching exercises along with pranayama and sudharshana kriya .  My office is 20km away from my residence , I travel 40kms up and down everyday . Please can one tell is it safe driving car or not ?   . Can anybody suggest  with home remedies and care to be taken.

Regards
Prem
Hello!

I would suggest you to go for an X-ray and confirm osteoarthritis. I would also suggest you to go for viscosupplementation and take pain killers intermittently.

The only solution if you have complete cartilage loss is to go for a total knee replacement surgery and you can discuss with an expert orthopedician.

Take all necessary precautions, wear proper foot wear and you can go in the car and do not put much pressure on your knees.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.