Orthopedics Community

Metatarsal fractures

I have three bone fractures, 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsals.  The first doctor said it would take 6 weeks to heal, then 8 weeks, its been 11 weeks and they are not healing.  I have use the walking boot all this time, is this normal?  what should I expect for the healing process??
Hi!
Metatarsal fractures generally take around six to eight weeks to heal. It may take  a bit longer if you have been putting weight on the foot. The non uniting fracture can be due to low blood supply, poor mineralization, presence of diabetes, presence of infection, poor alignment, or too much space between the fracture ends. This is treated by bone grafts, immobilization with plates and screws, or removal of scarred tissue from fractured ends. Basically all these processes need surgery. Consult an orthopedic surgeon. Take care!

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.