Aa
A
A
A
Close
Orthopedics Community
12.7k Members

Pain front left thigh and inner left thigh

So recently I have been experiencing moderate to severe discomfort in my left leg. When I try to run it feels like my leg is made of wood and all the impact is going to my quad and my groin/hip flexer. Even as I stretch the pain worsens the more I run and afterward when I walk there is a persistent shooting pain in that area that has also started to move down to my knee. I'm not sure if this is part of it but 3 years ago I had an ACL replacement surgery and have been diagnosed with patella tendonitis a while back. Normally I would ignore something like this and just let it pass as it has worked well for me in the past. However, now it is affecting me even when I am not moving. When I sit (mostly in higher chairs where my legs hang down), an aching pain begins and gradually worsens in that area mentioned above to the point where I have to move around to alleviate the pain. The closest thing that I can relate this pain to is that of the pain experienced with pretty bad shin splints (which I also had). I am a 19 year old male in good shape and am otherwise pretty healthy, I am just curious if this is something that requires medical attention or if it is something  that I can just wait for to pass.
1 Responses
2059648 tn?1439766665
Because of your past history I would definitely have this looked at by a doctor.  
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.