Orthopedics Community

Pinky knuckle pain left and hand pain right

About 4 days ago I woke up and had pain in my left pinky but only when I bend it it hurts and is sore (feels like I punched something). I have no idea what happened?? I can't figure out what it is and it will not go away. Also on my right hand I get pain in the webbing between my index and thumb fingers when holding things or writing to long? It's weird anyone have any idea??
Hi!
In all probability you have developed arthritis of the small joints of your hand. This can be osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or even gout. Another possibility is bursitis and inflammation of small joints. It can also be pinched nerve and tendon inflammation. You will need X-rays and some blood tests to find the cause. Nerve conduction studies may be performed if nerve involvement is suspected. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral if need be to the concerned specialist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.