Orthopedics Community

Pubic Symphysis pain when running

I am 62 and I am a rugby player. My problem started about 2 years ago. I felt pain at my Pubis Symphysis after the game. The symptom gets worse and worse.

At a game 3 days ago, I felt something was preventing me from running and the pain after the game was really severe. I struggled and waddled off the field.

Previously, I have seen an orthopedist. The doctor told me that I am the kind of person whose bone tends to grow wild. Right now, the bone spurs have grown from one side of the pubis to the other, touching each other. That's why I could not run fast and if I do run, it could be very painful. I am wondering if this is, for sure, the truth and if there is a fix?

I only feel pain when I am walking or running.  The pubic symphysis area is not tender to the touch.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Sincerely,
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.