Orthopedics Community
12.6k Members
Avatar universal

blood clot under the bone

my mother has been told by her physician there she has a blood clot under the bone in the lower leg area under the knee. she has osteoarthritis and needs knee replacements. my concern is the doctor advised the treatment for this clot as cold compresses and anti inflammatory medication. does this sound correct to anyone else, does this sound like enough? To me issues with blood clots are always serious and it just seems like more should be done?
1 Responses
Avatar universal

For knee always use ice packs and intermittent NSAIDs and do not use warm compress. For the spine you can use warm compress (hot packs) and also cold packs.

The Orthopedician's advice is proper and you can follow that!

For diagnosing the extent of osteoarthritis you would need X-rays on the present day and plan for total knee replacement in the future accordingly.

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.