Orthopedics Community

healing

i smashed tip of index finger and now have kirshner wire holding tip about .25 in length with a space to lower phlanyx of about .25 these bone fragments are still spread out in surrounding tissue it was an open fracture and elected to wait one weak before the procedure no infection but 3 weeks later still no sign of union so my question is how long can the wire stay in my finger would prefer to leave until healed and not have to resort to more surgical procedures
Hi feerles, how are you doing? Hope you would recover soon. Usually, at least 6-8 weeks is required to see a fracture heal in better way if there are no other complications like infection, tissue interposition, inadequate proximity and if there is no proper immobilization of the part. It is always better to see your attending orthopedician for follow up visit and get a x-ray done to know the present status. You need to have some patience. Take care and share your thoughts.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.