Orthopedics Community

knees

Iam 38 years old i am a former player & i have had 9 arthroscopys on each knee due to impact this spells over 15 years. i had an arthroscopy on my right in may to find out my acl had snapped & i need a reconstruction during this time waiting i fell due to my right knee been unstable & torn my miniscus in my left which i had repaired in september 13 i cant get The swelling down & i had to go to theatre next friday to drain my left knee off & fill with steroid,i cant walk properly & it is affecting my job & my life with my children i feel the lowest i have ever felt. any pain remedies out there? i am having physio & taking naproxen & co codamel but nothing touches the pain. i am worried because in the past i have been at full fitness 6 weeks after an arthroscopy.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  If the ACL has not healed then the pain will continue despite PT and pain medications. Ask your doctor for another MRI of the knee. Also, any infection, fluid build up and hemorrhage can delay healing. So, ask your doctor regarding other options for you. Take a second opinion from another ortho specialist in your area. Ask if knee replacement will help?
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.