Orthopedics Community

post Hip replacement joint pain

I had a total hip replacement 10 weeks ago. I have been experiencing severe shoulder and knee pain similar to arthritis pain. Shoulders aches so bad, that i am awakened several times during the night. Never had this pain prior to my hip replacement. Tried taking Aleve to assist in pain relief, but not working. What could be causing this??
The shoulder is a very mobile joint with movement in several directions. It is susceptible to injury, both directly and due to 'overuse' or repetition.Any pain which persists or which results following a traumatic injury MUST be reviewed during a face to face consultation with a medical professional.I'll mention the common causes of shoulder pain and then the ones which are more likely to cause pain at night time.

Common causesBursitis | Rotator Cuff TendonitisThe most common diagnosis in patients with shoulder pain is bursitis or tendonitis of the rotator cuff.Rotator Cuff TearRotator cuff tears occur when the tendons of the rotator cuff separate from the bone. Surgery is sometimes necessary for this condition.Frozen ShoulderAlso called 'adhesive capsuliitis,' this is a common condition that leads to stiffness of the joint. Physical therapy and stretching are extremely important aspects of treatment.Calcific TendonitisCalcific tendonitis is a condition of calcium deposits within a tendon -- most commonly within the rotator cuff tendons. Treatment of calcific tendonitis depends on the extent of symptoms.Shoulder InstabilityInstability is a problem that causes a loose joint. Instability can be caused by a traumatic injury (dislocation), or may be a developed condition.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.