Orthopedics Community

titanium rods

5 months ago fell and fractured my femur [ rotation fracture in quite a few places} ever since then, when the weather is in the lower 70's or below I am freezing, I never had this problem before in my life until the long rod was placed in my femur. I live in the northern part of the U.S. and am dreading the thought of colder weather coming. Does anyone else have this problem?
I do not have the exact same hardware as you but I can relate to the cold factor. I have 2 titanium plates with I am not sure how many screws(about 20)holding my right knee together. I had surgery 5 years ago and still continue to experience the coldness and extreme pain anytime it is cold/damp and living in the PNW does not help! I have found that using heating pads or dressing in multiple layers over the area works. If anything use a home made heating pad and attach it around your leg under clothing to possibly help minimize the outside weather's effect. Good luck.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.