How long were you tired after chemo?

Hi everyone who had chemo for ovarian cancer esp taxol and carbo x4 and 3weekly. I have finished chemo now 10months and am still very tired. I went back to work after 3.5 months and have really pushed myself to get better and have energy- but I am still so tired. I recently found I was quite low in iron- but Ive been getting iron injections and it has come back up abit but it didnt make much of a difference with my fatigue-just that my headaches have settled.

I didnt have a good reaction to the chemo and for that reason my carbo was lowered after 2 and taxol changed to Taxotere ®(Docetaxel)

Let me know how long it took you to get over the fatigue. and if you had any stomach problems after and ongoing nausea.

Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
It took me a little over a year, to start to get some energy back. then again some days I'm so fatiqued its ridiculous. my last chemo was 09/08 but since then i have also had two hip replacements. one in 12/08, right after chemo, which was not a good idea, cause i was still weak from the chemo. the other was just recently in 2/10. Inbetween i have also had 4 blood transfusions, cause My platlets were so low, due  to the chemo and the other surgery I am just now starting to feel good and get some energy back. It will come eventually, just have patience. i also had neuroapthy in the feet, due to the chemo. that is just starting to resolve itself. It's been a long two years, but it will be worth it. Hang in there