Ovarian Cysts Community

Lupron

I recently had an ovarian cyst removed and severe endometriosis lesions.  My doctor is recommending Lupron.  I am wondering if anyone out there has tried it and if you can give me some insight.  I am thinking about not doing it because of the menopausal side effects.  I am 34 and have been trying to get pregnant for two years now.  Does anyone recommend Lupron and did it really help your endometriosis, cysts, fibroids???
I would NOT recommend Lupron.  I have heard some very bad things about it.  My doctor wanted me to to them, but there was NO way I was going to.  Please do your research before deciding on what to do.  Here is one site I found with some personal experiences on Lupron.  Some good, but most bad.  
www.medications.com/lupron/browse
Please don't take my word for it, you need to do your own research and decide what will be best for you.  I was just not willing to take the chance on all of the side effects.  Good luck.
Please keep us posted on what you decide and how you are doing.

Kasie
Hi there.  I was also worried about taking Lupron, but I took the risk.  I had a C-section two years ago to remove an endometrioma and adhesions from endometriosis, and then I was given the Lupron 3-month shot.  I had some side effects like a little headache in the evenings, tiredness, hot flashes and I some insomnia, but nothing that couldn't be controlled.

You have to remember that every person's body is different, but for me the surgery and the Lupron helped get rid of the endometriosis.  If you have doubts, talk to your doctor, search on line and also, there are a lot of women in this forum who have gone through so much that could also help you out.

Best wishes,

Neta