Ovarian Cysts Community

Stabbing pain and 37.1C temperature after lap surgery 10 days ago

I had a laparoscopy 10 days ago to remove 7.5cm chocolate cyst in my left ovary. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis. I am 29. I was recovering very well until 2 days ago I experienced a stabbing pain in my left ovary, especially in the mornings. Yesterday I started taking hormone treatment that will cause an artificial menopause for 4 months. I feel out of balance and anxious. Is this common? I have a 3-hour flight tonight and I am starting to feel worried.
COMMUNITY LEADER
You are still in the early stages of recovery so some pain is not unusual. Also, surgery on the ovary can cause hormonal changes. And "artificial menopause" medication (Lupron?) can be just as severe and debilitating as surgical menopause / removal of both ovaries.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.
Thank you very much for your response! I have been prescribed Visanette for 4months.

The stabbing pain occurs less and less.