newborn!

Soo I had my son already :)
But Im curious cause when you feed him..does it have to be 3-4 hours or just whenever they wake up crying? So you can sleep more..help please!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Personally i have never woke any of my babies to feed them,if they are hungry they will let you know..never had any issues with them gaining weight
Helpful - 0
Every 2 3 hours
Helpful - 0
It is best to learn his hunger signs and feed on demand so that there is no crying because then he is starving if he hasn't ate in 3 hours wake him up to feed that is what they tell me in my classes I take 3 breastfeeding child birth and child knowledge
Helpful - 0
Congratulations
Helpful - 0
If you are only brestfeading it is on demand babys have a 3 days appointment and then a 2 weeks appointment if he is getting good weight you do not need to put him on schedule. My son is 3 months now and he eats wathever he is hungry. He is a healthy 15 pounds now he was bort at 7.12oz
Helpful - 0
I never woke my baby to feed but always fed on demand it varied 3-4 hours between feeds and he was perfectly healthy putting on weight etc... I personally believe never wake a sleeping baby they'll do what they want and they won't let themselves starve so just let them be I reckon and feed when they wake themselves.
Helpful - 0
I am on team don't wake baby.  We are getting 4 hr stretches at night.  Much better than the 2 hrs when we first brought baby home.
Helpful - 0
We were told to wake to feed but baby was only eating 1oz when we woke her so we decided to leave her and then she would drink a full 4oz bottle. See what baby wants ifddoesn't want the bottle don't force it baby's need their sleep and if he's hungry he'll let you know.
Helpful - 0
I wake my baby up every 3 hours if he doesnt wake up by himself. But he is slowly starting to get used to the schedule and wakes up by himself. He's 10 days old now.
Helpful - 0
There's no one right way it's figuring out what works for you & baby.
Helpful - 0
Just a note on that - make sure they are gaining weight sufficiently before and during if you plan to try this. If baby doesn't stay growing properly, start waking to feed!
Helpful - 0
According to hospital and doctors you should wake them up to feed them.
Personally, I only do this for about a month and then I start waiting longer to wake the baby. But that's how I train my kids to sleep through the night so early.
Helpful - 0
If u breast feed it's on demand  

You should have a health visitor or midwife at the hospital who will go through it all before u were discharged xx
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community