Parenting Teens (12-17) Community

Is it a panic or anxiety disorder, bi polar or are most teenagers like this?

I havnt been a mom very long, technicaly. I recently got my 2 daugters back, ones 14 almost 15, and the others 6. My worry is my 14 year old. She had gone to the mall one day with her friends who are all older than her and all guys ranging from 15 to 17 though i trust them greatly, they stay the night here, and its clear to me that they have no "interest" in eachother, my daughter has also explained she has dated on of them about a month ago one of her 15 year old friends and her tried it out but they just thought it weired. But anywho, they were at the mall and her eldest friend who's 17 calls me and says hes worried about her saying she just had about a 5 minute period of nausia, and light headedness, and her breath was very short, along with an abnormal heart rate. I asked if she was ok now and he said yeah, i confronted her later that night and she said yeah she was fine it happens alot to her. She said normaly before a test, when shes confronted, angry, mostly anxious, or having to much fun and she starts thinking real hard she gets like that... now im confused, does she have anxiety attacks? Theres also times when she gets really caught up around holidays and stuff she gets all panicky, and shaky, and starts crying than the next minute shes totaly up beat an happy?

Im wondering does she have anxiety, or panic attacks, maby bi polar???

she used to cut, but she stopped a while back, and im wondering if anythings wrong?
It does sound like anxiety and/or panic attacks. My daughter has acted that way before too. She also used to cut. You need to keep an eye on that as it can be addicting. Watch to make sure she isn't still doing that.
Also make sure she's eating. My daughter has had those times of lightheadedness, nausea, etc. and I came to find out she had barely eaten that day. It might not be a bad idea also to get some counseling for a little while with a counselor who can teach her ways to control her anxiety, etc.
Kids this age want to fit in so badly and it can be an anxious time for them. I'd encourage her to find friends closer to her age and to try sports or after school clubs until she can find something she's good at. When she finds something she's good at, she'll gain the confidence she needs and that will help a lot with easing some of her anxiety. Best wishes.
She probably should have a checkup with a doctor too, just to make sure its not something else, but it does sound like anxiety attacks.
I made an appointment thank you, and my daughter did cut for about 2 years she quit a few moths ago, and she seems ok, she always wears bathing suits and she hates jewlery so she has no way of hiding it from me so i know she hasnt been doing it. As for her eating, i will watch because she is 5'11 and i belive only 124 pounds. Anyways thank you