Aa
A
A
A
Close
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3.37k Members

13 month old won't sleep through the night.

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I have 13 month old who went from sleeping decently, waking up at 6 am for a bottle then going back down until 8am. She would get exactly 12 hours of sleep. It was nice, even when she was super sick with the stomach bug she was sleeping great. But now that she's healthy and back to normal we are waking multiple times a night. Rocking her doesn't work, patting her doesn't work and we live in a apartment so I simply cannot let her cry it out... the stupid neighbor upstairs, can hear her once and they are up stomping all over the place. I'm talking about a whimper and they just stomp back and forward at all hours. I'm slowly decreasing the amount of formula she gets during the night but I'm so confused as why she's just waking and refusing to sleep without a bottle. I'm so worried that when this baby comes in august... I'll have 2 that don't sleep. I'm so uncomfortable already at night, that once I'm up to feed her.. I'm then up. So I'm not sleeping, my husband isn't sleeping and she's not. Any suggestions?  
5 Responses
Do u have her on a schedule? Does she go to sleep at different times each night? If so, try placing her in bed ever night at the same time. She is 13 months and still on formula. Shouldnt she be given regular milk by this time I'm not sure just curious. Some babies are like that they sleep a little and just wake up at odd times. When she gets up what is she doing crying, playing, just looking around. If she crying something maybe wrong. Have u gotten her checked for ear infections? I'm not sure just throwing some points out there.
No she has a set schedule and she gets milk. Doctors office just checked her ears the other day. They are good. She only has 2 teeth so idk of she's getting another one? But she not doing what she did with the fist 2. She wakes up crying, whimpering. I usually wait a minute or two to see if she stands up.if she stands up i know she won't go back down
How is she doing now?
My husband and I pushed her bedtime back an hour. Which forces her to take 2 naps. Last night she slept all night. The night before she was only up once. Hoping for a repeat tonight to see if this change helps. Fingers crossed.
Awww that's good progress is always good keep us posted
Have an Answer?
Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.