Pediatric Endocrinology Forum

Bad Armpit odor

I have a 9 month old and he had bad body odor, I can give him a bath and he will stink in a couple of hours,  He has seen many dr's.  and has all kinds of test and they all say he is normal, but still stinks, we have to go back to  the Dr. in June again, so maybe they will do something different.
Thank you.
Body odor can be due to adrenal hormones or possible metabolic disorder and if all the tests that they have done are normal then this may be a normal variant.
The geneticists usually workup metabolic disorders so if you have not seen one it may be helpful. Urine and blood for organic acids as well as labs for adrenal hormones may be helpful. It is unclear what this is due to but that is where I would start.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments