Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

HRT or herbal remedies?

Hi! So I'm an 18 year old female (5'4, 110 lb, if it is relevant). I don't necessarily have PCOS, I simply have naturally high testosterone levels. However, they're only mildly high -- but I do have significant symptoms resulting from them, such as vaginal dryness and hair loss. I was wondering which method would be better: a very low dose hormone replacement treatment regime of estrogen and progesterone, or a controlled herbal remedy such as pueraria mirifica. Which is a better idea?

PS I will see a doctor about this before doing anything, but wanted other -- and maybe personally experienced -- opinions, so please don't just say "see a doctor."