Aa
A
A
A
Close
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
3.57k Members

Never have had my second period

Okay so in November of 2012 I got my first period. It was a regular period that lasted 7 days. The first few days were regular, then it got a bit heavier, and then it ended off light. I felt fine throughout that week and after, but since then I haven't gotten my second period and its already been about a year and a half. I think I read somewhere that there can be such thing as a "fake period" that comes before the real ones but I'm not sure if thats real. Also, I've heard that it can take up to two years for your next period to come. I'm not sure if that is true either. I do get discharge. My mom once told me she got her period at around 15 and by the way I'm 14 now but I was 12 when i got my first period.

I would really appreciate it if you helped me out and told me if this is normal & what should I do . Any help would be awesome!
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
HI,
Cycles can be irregular at the time of menarche which is the time when a girl gets periods for the first time. However a gap of one and a half years is not normal and you should consult a Doctor for an evaluation. This can be due to problems with the hormones of because of local issues.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.