Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

Never have had my second period

Okay so in November of 2012 I got my first period. It was a regular period that lasted 7 days. The first few days were regular, then it got a bit heavier, and then it ended off light. I felt fine throughout that week and after, but since then I haven't gotten my second period and its already been about a year and a half. I think I read somewhere that there can be such thing as a "fake period" that comes before the real ones but I'm not sure if thats real. Also, I've heard that it can take up to two years for your next period to come. I'm not sure if that is true either. I do get discharge. My mom once told me she got her period at around 15 and by the way I'm 14 now but I was 12 when i got my first period.

I would really appreciate it if you helped me out and told me if this is normal & what should I do . Any help would be awesome!
HI,
Cycles can be irregular at the time of menarche which is the time when a girl gets periods for the first time. However a gap of one and a half years is not normal and you should consult a Doctor for an evaluation. This can be due to problems with the hormones of because of local issues.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.