Aa
A
A
A
Close
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
3.56k Members

Pregnant?

I've had an abnormal flow for a very long time. I use to be on birth control but stopped taking them a year or so ago. In February my boyfriend and I were messing around. We didn't have sex or anything but some of the things we did made me really paranoid that there was a small chance I could be pregnant. I stressed out really hard that month and missed my period. I took two pregnancy tests and they both came out negative, afterwards I went to the doctor and was prescribed Medroxyprogesterone. My period came and it was a normal flow that lasted the same amount of time as it always does. Right now I'm currently taking Tri-Sprintec. I've noticed that my breasts are getting bigger, but at the moment I'm extremely inactive. So my question is: could this weight gain be from my inactivity coupled with my new birth control or could it be pregnancy? I highly doubt I'm pregnant because of the false pregnancy tests and the normal flow I had after taking medroxypr but I still want to know what the likely hood of me being pregnant at this point is.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
Chances of a pregnancy are nil as you have had normal periods after medroxy-progesterone. Birth control and lack of exercise can contribute to weight gain. Hence dietary modification and regular exercise will help.
Hope this helps.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.