Pregnancy 35 and Older Community

Could I Be Pregnant

Hi.  I had a miscarriage the 2nd week in July.  In September I was still having bleeding in between periods, almost everyday for 2 months.  The PA put me on Medroxyprogesterone 10mg.  I took them for about 2 weeks to stop the bleeding (from 9/10 to 9/20 and I missed a day or two).  One of the other doctors in the practice told me to stop taking them around 9/25.  I should have started my period on 10/4.  It's 10/14 (day 40) and still no period.  I have pregnancy symptoms and mild lower abdominal cramping, but still no bleeding.  I took an at home test when I was 6 days late and it came back negative, but I am still having symptoms.  I think that I am pregnant....is it possible?
I know it took me a couple of months before I got my period after my mc so your system could be disrupted.  Other people though have gotten pregnant even before their first period though so that's also a possibility.  Maybe wait a couple more days and take another test?  Good luck!
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.