retinol palmitate and pregancy

I have just read that you are not supposed to use any product with retinol palmitate while pregnant. I am 20 weeks along and just looked at my facial lotion..yup retinol palmitate...now im freaking out
I wouldn't worry too much.  I used all sorts of face lotions and body lotions while pregnant.  It is highly unlikely it has crossed the placenta, however perhaps making a switch now isn't a bad idea.  Talk to your Dr., but I am sure all is fine.  Remember that the reason many of these products are recommended for non use during pregnancy is because they haven't been tested on pregnant women (not many of us are prepared to be guinea pigs during this time).  It doesn't always mean something negative neccessarily.  But talk to your Dr.  I am sure it isn't an issue.  Besides, if this is an over the counter product you are using I have no doubt it only has very small amounts.