VSD

My wife is pregnant in the 21 wks and 5 days we made the 13 wks sonar that shows that the baby is fine regarding down syndrom and the propability for that syndrom is extremly low and in the other sonar we made today the doctor said that there is a 1.2mm VSD that is present and this can be a symptom for down syndrom and also said the baby is fine and that small vsd can close by itself any time during or after pregnancy.
So do i need to do further checks for my wife and is this really can be a symptom for down syndrom?
every baby with down syndrome has a heart defect, vsd is a hole in the hole that usually closes within the first year of life, if it doesnt then the child will need surgery to repair it, it depends on how severe the case is of course the child will have check ups for this good luck