Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Broken tailbone vs C-section

Hey ladies, I am 13 weeks with baby number 2! My daughter is two and when she was born she had a hard time coming through the birth canal.  She was off to the side of my belly and never dropped.  At 38 weeks my water broke and after being in labor for a good 20hrs or so my doctor made me start pushing at 8 cm. After 2 1/2 hours of pushing she finally made it here. But when she came out her right side of her collar bone broke. My current ob is blaming this on a long tailbone and says with this baby she may have to brake my tailbone to allow baby through easier. Or I could elect to have a c-section. I have read about healing from both and the common consensus is that a tailbone brake is much worse. Has anyone gone through this situation?  
any advice would be greatly appreciated
I've never had a broken tailbone but I've had two c stations and will have my 3rd in April. I would choose a c section because you have to sit on your butt and it would be bad. Good luck!!
I broke tailbone when i was about 12, doing something my mom told me not to do. It was excrutiating. It took the entire summer to heal. I had a csection with my first baby (hoping for one this time) and it only took about a week to heal as far as the incision being closed and no pain. Its entirely up to you. If it was my choice i would pick csection.
Of course the decision is up to you, but if it were me I'd pick the c-section. You don't realize how much you need/use your tailbone until you can't. Both options aren't the best but I think a c-section is the lesser of the two bad options.
Id be along a second opinion for start. And second there's no saying that, with this baby things could be totally different! This baby may drop and go into position and push you apart better. Plus it was funny to have to pushing at 8cm bc that meant even less room for baby. I definitely wouldn't jump to the csection. And I seriously doubt it will be necessary to break your tailbone. Im Sry but your doctor sOunds very backwards to me. Good luck in whatever you decide hun. I hope for the best for you abd your little one :-)
I don't know if this helps but my friend had her daughter, broke her tail bone. 2 years later had a normal vaginal birth to a 10lb boy. I think every pregnancy is different. Hopefully you could try and do a c section if necessary? Not sure :(
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.