Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Help/Advice (Depo Shot)

Not pregnancy related but im really hating and regreting getting the depo shot , I had my babygirl March 12th so I decided best birth control for me would be the depo shot (im also breastfeeding) .. But I been spotting for more than a week now & I read that it can be for days,weeks, even months ! Are you serious? I cant take it anymore does it really happen ? ..anyone been on the shot before? When will the spotting stop? ... Any help or advice .. Thank you ladies!
I hated the depo it made me fat! Lol there's plenty other alternatives but regardless with other birth control methods you will still have irregular bleeding u just have to find the right birth control for you. I went thru a few before I decided to just stick to the pill but everyone is diff
I took the depo and full blown bleed for 12 weeks, NEVER AGAIN.
I grew a small mustache some extra chest hair and packed on weight. On top of spotting for a month straight. NEVER AGAIN.
@mothersdaymommy2014, Wow thats crazy I dont think I would be getting another shot !
I use to use It but when I did I never had any bleeding at all for over a yr
I gained 60 pounds on depo!! Never had bleeding problems... but after I stopped the shots it took over a year and a half to get a period!! Ugh I HATE depo
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.