Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Kidney Stones

How many here have dealt with kidney stones during pregnancy? I am 18 wks 5 days and have a stone that needs to pass. Hurts excessively. I had a stone with my last pregnancy at 34 wks. That time required surgery to remove. If this is not gone by Monday I may be headed that way again.
I did with my first. I've never been so miserable.
I did when I was 23w I could barely move. Drank water even when I wasn't thirsty to open things up. And laid on a heating pad. They also prescribed me percocet so I could sleep. Good luck. Never had one before then an I do not want one again.
I did with my first pregnancy. I had to have surgery at 25weeks. I also deal with recurrent stones even when Im not pregnant. This pregnancy they told me to watch my calcium intake. Im not taking prenatal vitamins instead Im taking folic acid. And Im really watching my calcium intake closely. Haven't had any issues with this one so far.
I'm 25 wks with my third pregnancy. I have had stones since 10 wks. And its so painful I'm so frustrated I've passed four and have more now.
i was told i have calcium in my urine and have a possibility of them and my sides and back have been hurting.
what do they feel like?
The best I can explain is like somebody's stabbing u in the kidney. Lol. Sometimes it feels crampy or sharp but I always have a dull pain. Mines so bad I have vicoden for when I can't stand it and a heating pad helps. Its hands down worse then labor itself.
Its the most horrible pain ever and I developed a kidney infection too. As soon as it passed, the pain was over, thank God.
My stone has not passed but seems to have found a comfortable place. I am not in as much pain. I have to call tomorrow to see what the next step will be. I had the laser surgery last time and it is the most degrading surgery i have ever had. When it was painful it was like a knife in my back straight through the abdomen with increased pressure 'down there'.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.