Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Low back ache in early pregnancy

Is it normal to have a lower backache in very early pregnancy?  I have heard mixed things and was wondering what experiences you had with it.  I had a miscarriage in June and while I was having it, I did have a lower back ache.  I just found out I was pregnant today and my lower back is aching, although I don't have any other negative symptoms.  I guess I am just very nervous this time around.
I guess you just have to wait and see. If there is any bleeding that accompanies the pain then you can start to worry, but otherwise backache can be quite normal in some pregnancies. Good luck!
I'm right there with you.  I had a miscarriage a year ago and am now (finally) pregnant again.  I have had lots of bad lower back pain and some mild cramping also.  I read that the hormones in early pregnancy cause the discs in your back to soften up, thus causing lower back pain.  And my doctor said that cramping is almost a given in early pregnancy, especially if it's not your first.

Being pregnant after a miscarriage is wonderful and exciting, but so scary at the same time.  I have an ultrasound tomorrow in which I'm supposed to be able to see a heartbeat.  I believe in my heart that we'll see it, but after having a miscarriage, there's this small part of me that doubts.

As for freaking out over every little twinge or pain, I finally made a rule for myself that I can't panic unless I see blood.  (And even if that DOES happen, that doesn't necessarily mean this isn't a viable pregnancy.)  Anyway, I wouldn't worry about the back pain.  Another thing that finally made me feel better is a phrase from "What to Expect."  It says, "Unless the pain is constant, severe, or accompanied by bleeding, there's most likely no cause for concern."
Everyone is different.  I too had lower back ache in 2 pregnancies this year and unfortunately both ended in m/c.

I don't remember any back pain and cramping in my healthy pregnancy 2 years ago so I knew something was wrong.

I lost the babies after days of back pain followed by a 'late period' which was an actual m/c.  6 days after my AF was due I started bleeding.

I pray that is not the case for you...GOD BLESS YOU AND MAY GOD WATCH OVER YOUR BABY.
I am 17 weeks pregnant and started having back ache from bout 7-8 weeks onwards. I have never had bleeding. I read that the hormone 'relaxin' softens the joints in your pelvis to ready your body for the labour. Mine gets aggravated by standing too long and straining, but i definatly have a sore back pretty much everyday and all my ultrasounds are fine. I think you'll be ok. I know its worrying when you've had m/c before. Good luck.
Hi im new to this.
Well for the last 2 years me and my partner have been trying for a baby but upto now nothing, i lost a baby back when i was 16 wich resulted in having a D&C, i used to suffer from irregular periods but for the last 7 months or so my periods have been regualr and i have a 28 - 30 day cycle, anyway i am 9 days late today i was due to have my period on the 6th November and on that day i got the cramping that i normally get when i am going to start my period but not as painful so i thought that my period was here but im now 9 days late and still no period im sill getting a mild cramping pain but no sign of my period just yet i also look and feel really bloated.
i would rally appreciate any advice thanks.

hello,
Ive been trying to research on the early stages & symtoms of pregnacy it seems as if sites like this 1 is full of questions from desperate women trying to get pregnant my partner & i have been trying for 6 months for a 2nd child whom is now 7yrs so we think its time but not fustrated with trying just yet but i am wanting answers as to whats happening i have been montoring my cycles which are between 28-30 days long i am over due by a day today and have had lower back pains for 2 days i used to have back pain before my periods when i was on the pill but for the last 6 months only had cramps on the day of starting my period i done a test which was negative i keep my breast now and again feel tender but im starting to wounder if its wanting to be pregnant makes you imagine these symtoms i don't want to be kidding my self and know it can take a while IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS HAD BACK ACHE AT THIS STAGE & FOUND TO BE PREGNANT?
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.