Normal pregnancy after failed tubal ligation

Good morning
I am a new subscriber.  I am over 35. I had my tubes tied almost five years ago after the birth of my second child.  Feb 02 I became pregnant and my ob said my tubes grew back together. In March 02 I miscarried.  I am not currently on birth control and have not been since the miscarriage. I am writing to find out if anyone has had this experience and if anyone has had a normal pregnancy after this type of experience.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
hello i am a mother of 3 children 9 , 5 and 4. i had my tubal done at the same time as my youngest child by c-section back in 15th april 2005. i missed 6weeks period and then i came of really light and the last 2 weeks i have been feeling moving in my stomach. i wished i never got sterilised but i got bullied into it and now would love to have a baby i cry for no reason and get up set if i see my m8's or family with there babys. done 7 preg tests and all negative. i am so confused i just want another baby and i cannot afford to have reversal done.  please can some one tell me if thay have been in the same potion and could i be pregnant ?
good luck to the women who am trying to get pregnant or am pregnant
Hello everyone,
I am new to your group and I feel you pain. I had a tubal ligation surgery done when I was 21 after my son was born. That was the worst mistake ever!!! I had a mother-in-law to forced me into it. Everyday I regret this ever being done to my body, as I would do anything just to have a tiny baby growing inside me. I have developed manic depression due to this and nothing can lift my spirits. The surgery to reverse my tubes costs way more than I could ever make...I pray everyday and make wishes every chance I get. I am now with a new partner and he also wants to have a child with him since he has none of his own, I want to give him that more than anything. I will pray for everyone here :) since I feel your pain and want to support your wishes and share your pain    
The most common type of sterilization done in the US is called a bipolar tubal coagulation ("cut, tied, and burned).  Studies have shown that 1.4% of women can become pregnant and the incidences increase to nearly 2% after ten years. Majority of the pregnancies are ectopic.  Tubal reversal in this type of sterilization has an increasing success rate of 60%. Tubal reversal can be done for less than $7000 and it could be just as effective and have more desirable results than IVF. These are the "so called" facts from the "experts". However, I find it incredibly interesting that through hours of blog and forum reading I may have found more than 143 success stories in the 10,000 that I have read. I have found commonality in various stories from women claiming to have conceived shortly after a cesarean followed by a tubal ligation.
hi im 30 this yr and have 5 children now. i had my tubes tied nearly 5 years ago now after my son was born at 27 weeks he was a fighter and made it to be here healthy today.... but iv moved on now and have a amazing fella whom has no children and i really want one and no he does to...... is it possiable to have a normal pregnacy now after having ur tubes tied... or wud i have to find the money to have a reversel... please help i so want a baby
i put my tubes was tied they wasnt they was cliped....
i am 32 yrs.old. i had my tubal ligation after my second son was born in  jan.14.2002 it has been 8yrs.and i have not got pregnancy yet
I had my tubes tied in 2007 after my baby boy was born and four months later I found out I was pregnant. I had just finished having my daughter in 06 n my son in 07 and my husband threatend to leave if i had one more so I terminated the pregnancy. It took a long time to forgive myself. Soon after the termination I retied my tubes. I regret the decision and wish I could have just one more so my little girl could have a sister. I'm experiencing signs of pregnancy but I'm waiting to see if I miss my period before I take a test. One thing for sure is if I am blessed with a child again I wll fight to keep it.
Hello everyone,
Im very new to this community, but definately a living poof of a normal pregnancy after a fail tubal ligation. Im a working mother of 3 (9, 7 and 4). Had my tubes ligated (clips) in 2006 after a c-section. Having the tubes tied to me was the worst decision ever made in my entire life. I got divorced in 2007 and was lucky in love and remarried in 2009. My husband is wonderful to my kids and praying of his own despite the fact that i cant bare anymore children due to BTL. So last May, we go for IVF treatment, unfortunately I had a misscarriage. It hit me quite badly, i was broken hearted, could'nt work and lost focus in life. I was lucky enough that my husband was so supportive. In a couple of months i was back on track. Anyway, something odd starts to happen after my last menstrual period 23 July 2010, i'm getting all kinds of tell tale pregnancy symptoms, it was really bothering me to the stage that the GP in my office gave me a stress and a muscle relaxened pill. It did'nt go away, so out of curiosity i bought a Home Pregnancy Test (HPT) just in case. It came out an extremely shadowy 2nd line. I thought my minds was playing tricks on me. So i waited until 2 days before my next expected period. What do you know, the extremely shadowy 2nd line has become a very clear 2nd line. YES! IM PREGNANT!!. How can i be pregnant without my tubes? I even shocked my gynae. To him the fail tube was a BIG ???. Unfortunately the pregnancy aborted. I misscarriage on the day my expected menstrual period came. But the fact that i actually got pregnant after a BTL and a fail IVF was a definate blessing in disguise. And yes you can be pregnant after having your tubes tied. Nothing is impossible, its all in the hands of God. One things for sure, never stop trying and never stop praying.    
I am 33 years old and had my tubal 4 years ago after the birth of my sixth child by c-section. I got pregnant last summer, but it ended in a m/c. I was now 6 days late and when I started, it is just light pink and only when I wipe. Could I possible be pregnant again?
I am 27. I have had two beautiful children and with my last (four years ago)  i had my tubal ligation done. Since then I have been pregnant twice. Two years ago i miscarriaged one and i found out a week ago that i was two weeks pregnant. Sadly i found out my hcg levels didn't double when they took my blood tests and sure enough last night i started cramping and lightly bleeding. I am honestly sick and tired of losing my children. I was so happy to be pregnant again since my tubal ligation was forced on me by my ex. and now I actually have found someone who deserves to be a father and now i don't know if i can ever give him a child of his own.
I had my tubes tired after my second child in jan of 2011 its four months later and I'm having all the symptoms of being pregnant, idk what to do, could I really be pregnant again? Something please help!
I had my tubes tired after my second child in jan of 2011 its four months later and I'm having all the symptoms of being pregnant, idk what to do, could I really be pregnant again? Someone please help!
i had my tubes clipped 5 years ago and so want a baby, iv since remarried and want a child with my husband who has no children of his own wat are my chances of this please
Hi I've been reading almost all of your comments and some are shocking and some are amazing stories. Either way I am going thru a similar situation I haven't had my period yet I missed it last month and I haven't had it this month yet I am hoping and praying to God that I am pregnant I took 4 test the same wk and they were all positive they also did a sonogram but they weren't able to see anything I think its bc it was to soon, am going to the doctor tomorrow for another check up really scared and hope that everything is ok and that I am able to have a normal pregnancy I already have 3 beautiful girls and also married to a wonderful men he loves my girls and says that we are fine the way we are but I know deep inside we would love to have one of our own since he has none I will pray for all of us going thru this situation and also pray that from now on there is less women making this horrible decision as we have made, I had my tubes tide with the rings 5 yrs ago after my last daughter also did it cause of family pressure and regret it so bad since.
im 25 had a tubal nligation at 24 after my second daughter was born long story short had a abuseive husband got divorced lost my daughters know im with prince charming been felling pregent about 4 months know sonograms show no baby pregnetcy test yes and no lining in my uterus thicker hunger breast pain light periods know i think i fell kicking am i crazy or can i be pregnet and a dr not see it on a sonogram
I'm very intrigued by these experiences and would like to thank everyone for posting so openly as it could help others.

I had my tubes tied 2 1/2 years ago after my fourth child. I was blessed with two girls and two boys, so already have my hands full as it is. Although I cannot lie that I didn't get my tubes tied by my choice; my ex's mother was very controlling and guilt-tripped me into doing so. I know I should stop at four, but honestly I wouldn't be too disappointed (if at all) to have another one. Anyway, in the last year alone, I have been to the ER due to having similar symptoms of pregnancy and miscarriage. I have been told I didn't have the proper hcg levels to have been pregnant, but that's just one of those things a woman just instinctively knows. I am, yet again, experiencing pregnancy symptoms and have been for the last couple of months now. Symptoms/signs include: nausea, tender breasts, very light or absent periods/spotting, sudden weight gain, always hungry but nauseous at the same time, serious cravings that I even dream about until they are fulfilled, moody (might be an everyday thing though, lol), oh and emotional. Easily emotional.

I haven't taken a test yet, mainly because I am waiting for my next period to see how that goes. I guess I'm also kinda nervous to take a test and find out what it says. I'd like to have another one, which would make it difficult if it says negative, but if it says positive, then I have a lot of planning to do, like turning down the new job offer I just got last week.

Anyway, I suppose I was just doing some research and looking for a place to "vent" about my worries and concerns, so thanks for listening everyone.
I had my tubes tied in 2002 after my second son was born...Their father and I are divorcing and I am engaged to a wonderful man, I regret my tubal ligation (the doctor told me they were cut, tied, burned) and want a baby...I have been feeling nauseous and having heartburn which I never have, not time for my period yet but I am praying that somehow I can get pregnant again and not miscarry, I know the chances are small but I want a baby with the man I love so bad, I regret the procedure but at the time I never thought I'd get divorced or want another baby. It is hard to wait and see if I start my period I want to know now if I could be pregnant, I'd also love to know if my tubes have healed back...can they do that with an ultrasound?
Yes it is very possible to get pregnant after having your tubes tide. I am 35 and I had my tubes tide 5yrs ago after my 4th child and got pregnant. Unfortunatley my son passed away at 5mns pregnant due to a knot in his cord that cut off his oxygen supply. It had nothing to do with my tubes being tied. I am having testing done to see how functional my tubes are and what are the chances of conceiving a normal pregnancy again. My husband and I are going to try again and are hoping to maybe have a little girl some day. Good luck to all of you who are trying to have a little bundle of joy. And for thoes of you who would like to have the testing done ask your OB to have an HSG test done. It's a test used to inject dye into the the body to see the falopion tubes and if they have grown back together or if there is a blockage to prevent pregnancy. It is very reliable and non exspensive. Some insur company's even cover it.
I just posted somthing about the testing you are interested in. You should read it.
Hiya could you please let us know what happened after your possitive pregnancy test result as I'm in a positon where I got sterilized an then had an ectopic 3 years later and had to have my right tube removed an then the surgieon burnt my left tube an I'm usually regular with my periods an I'm 5days late took a test and come back negative but I have got pregnancy symptoms so I'm just woundering if it is possible an what happened with you an how its gone thanks x
Tubal ligation does not always work. I have  had mine done over 16 years now and I and my family believe that I am pregoand have had to go by information from books and internet. because the problem is it is not showing up anywhere - not in the  blood work, home test, ultrasounds, but yet 1 doctor stated in a exam that he could not find my uterus cause there was something heavy sitting on it but because all the tests come out negative they think I am crazy! They want as far as taking a syc eval that I passed just fine! I am now at the end of what might be a prego and have no idea if the baby is ok or not! I am fearful yet happy. I am almost 40 and had weight of 130 now I am 172 and its been almost nine months of gaining weight and feeling movement. I have had my what I think of a peroid only 4 times during this 9 months! all the doctores have been mean to me about this issue. I hope people have some advise or prayer for me I have a daughter who is 20 now and my son is 16 now. any advice out there?
ok here goes, HI to everyone and i have been reading all the posts on here and i am very hopeful!!! heres my story it starts similer to everyones but it gets a lil dif. i was 23 years old and had a norm birth with my youngest son and a norm. dilivery but i had a tubal done not sure what kind just know they did it through a insiciane in my belly button but now i am 35 years old i was having some very heavy bleeding with lots of large clots went to the dr. found out i have a small tumer in my uteruse and pre cancer cells and have been having very heavy cloty bleeding for about a year now every 2 weeks well this month i noticed i was late and i hadnt had a period in a month instead of the reg.2 weeks but the last 3 weeks i have been sick this week i have been very nausias and sensitive to food and smells. well i started my period about 3 days ago but its abnormally light for me and i have this bloated feeling in my belly like something is under my ribs and it causes me no pain just feels like something stuck up under my ribs. and i would love to have another baby and i too regret getting my tubal done.it was done in oct.2000 anyway i took a test even though im on my period just out of curiosity and it showed neg. but could i still be preg.? any help would be sooo much aprciated!!! THANK YOU!!!!please feel free to email me at ***@****
I am deeply touched by your prayer and I am sure many are as well... thank you lots!
I am deeply touched by your prayer and I am sure many are as well... thank you lots! Greatly appreciated!
I had my tubes tied when I was 21 (back in 1997) after the birth of my 2 sons.  Years later in 2006 I decided to have tubal reversal done (go to www.tubal-reversal.net for more info on the doctor who did mine, pricing, etc.).  I had 3 miscarriages following the reversal, and then went on to have a healthy baby boy (now 2 yrs old) and my little princess (now 4 mths old)! Following my c-section with my little girl I had my tubes re-tied.  Now here I am 4 months out, and haved missed my period and am having signs of pregnancy.  I am scared of being pregnant again due to complications/health issues while pregnant, and also due to the fact that I have yet to lose my baby weight, which will only create more health issues.  I guess I shall pick up a test next time I am in town...and just leave it in God's hands, if it is his will so be it!
Hello i got my tubes cut and tied i feel cramps but my period isnt due for couple of week my breast are tender i feel nauseous could i be showing early signs of pregnancy!
First, I would like to say, I pray for everyone who has wanted to become pregnant has had the blessing to have another. I am 31, had my tubal 7 years ago.I took a home pregnancy test and was positive. A little less then 2 weeks before taking this test I had horrible bleeding with clotting and sore breast. About a week and half later I took a test because my breast were swollen. I took the test and to my surprise, positive.... I was advised to go to the ER to make sure I was pregnant and if I was everything was ok. So, I went a few days later...Everythng was normal, no HCG levels. My OB states he believes I was pregnant and had a miscarriage. Now, tomorrow I am doing a fluoroscopy Hsg test to see if I have an opening in my tubes. I pray that I do and am able to have another baby. I regret having my tubal ligation done at 23. Eveyone reading please wish and pray for me.
my tubes were clipped twenty years ago and mine have just co me undone now getting checked to see if im pregnant had 3 hpt neg and one at doctors came back positve had some bleedng
I "supposedly" had my tubes tied in August 2010 after my first child was born in July 2010. In August 2011 I discovered I was pregnant! So much for that! I am 33 weeks and can't wait for it to be over. I have awful pregnancies!!! This one is identical to the last. I am having my tubes removed after this baby is born and am considering a lawsuit against the doctor who performed my last surgery! I personally think that we should be thankful for what we have and not keep asking for more and more. I do not understand people who just keep wanting more babies. Give your love to the ones you have and be thankful that they are healthy, besides this world isn't a good place to bring such Angels. Again... My personal thoughts.
Hi after reading all the post my heart n prayers go out to everyone I'm new to all of this I had my tubes cliped tied n burnt in dec of 08 n then 2 months later I meet the man of my dreams n will be married a yr next month I've been looking into reversal but after reading I'm not sure I need to mine was done after a c section ill pray for y'all n ask y'all to pray for me
I had my tubes tied in 2005 when i had my daughter (i have 2 boys too). Since i divorced my 1st husband and now I am with a wonderful man... Last thursday I took a digital hpt and it came out positive, then took 4 more and they came out neg. Funny thing I have many of the symptoms (my hairs has grown alot in the past month friends and fam are noticing) I would love another baby but im only 3 days late and i think i should wait a little longer to go to the doctor. Good luck and God Bless you
Hi all! I had my tubes cut and burned in November 1999. On May 04,2010 I gave birth to a wonderful, healthy and beautiful baby girl. I DID NOT have a reversal.... It just happened. I was stunned then; but elated now. BUT I had my tubes removed this go around! lol
In October 2011, i had 2 procedures, sterilisation and endo ablation. Just these last few weeks, i have had really sore boobs, which seem to have grown, i also feel i have gained some weight, i'm crapping myself, it would split me and my fella up if i was pregnant.
This also happened to me in 05 I had my tubes tied and in 09 I became pregnant but I ended up having a miscarriage and the dr. told me they couldn't tell if my tubes were still tied or not and I am just wondering if this could happen to me again?
Hello...I am 27 years old, and have three small children.  My youngest is 6 months old.  After I had her, I had a tubal ligation.  I am currently late on my period and after reading all of this, I believe it is possible for me to be pregnant.  I had light spotting for one day last week but that is it.  And since my last pregnancy, I have always had my period on time, and it was always heavy.  I haven't told my husband yet.  I am kind of scared that if I am pregnant, that it will just end up being either an egtopic pregnancy or end in misscariage.  But I do know, that this eveing I am going to buy a test and find out.  
Well i had five kids my last pregnancy was twins i ask my doctor to tie my tubes he did and it's been 11yrs and i pray mines come back a loose bc my husband want one more:-)
I'm 26 years old and I got my tubes tied 5 years ago after my c section with mg daughter. But as of today I'm a week late and I have all the symptoms of being pregnant. I went to the doctor and took a test but it came back negative. So she told me to come back in two weeks to get mg test done over...I'm so mixed up right now. Can I really be pregnant.
I AM 46 TIED MY TUBES LIKE ALMOST 18YRS AGO AND I HAVE ALL THE SYMPTOMS BELLY GROWIN,CRAVING,BLUES,PERIOD,...MY QUESTION HOW DID U FIND OUT U WERE PREGNANT..
I got my tubes tied 6 years ago after my last baby in 2005.My tubes came aloose Then I got Pregnant and had a miscarraige.Ihad my tubestied clipped and burn.My tubes grew back.I Think Imay be pregnant again.I Go To the Dr. Monday.  
hia im so glad im not on my own in regreting having a tubal but my ex husbsnd basicaly bullied me into it after out last child whose now 18 then i went on to divorce and meet the most amazing man ever who has no kids it left a hole in my heart bigger than anyone cud imagine..but now i am one week late having cramping backache heartburn and hungry all the time lol but i refuse to belive i am that lucky and a miracle has happened i just can bring myself to do a test so going thru a very emotional time now
I'm 36 i have 5 children 19 18 15 13 and 11. i had a tubal done in 2001 after the birth of my youngest child. i believe i might be pregnant since my cycle is now a week late. i refuse to be tested because i am afraid i might be. I really don't think i can start over. i told my husband he says not to stress wait until i  get tested am scared i know am acting childish.when should i get tested should i wait a little longer.
  I am 34 years old and had my tubes tied 12 years after the birth of my forth son. I have since divorced their father and married a wonderful man. I am 5 days late on my period my breast are swollen, I took a home test after being 3 days late and it was negative. I hope more than anything to be carrying my husbands child.
I'm 43yrs old my tubes has been stapled in 1998/99 so its been over 15-16yrs ago my Fiance n I want To have baby but don't know if it will take if I got them reversed. Anyone has a similar situation? please tell if so.
I am scheduled to meet with a doctor after missing my period. I had my tubes tied in 2010 during my cesarean section. I'm scared because this will be baby #6 for us. If i am pregnant I just want to be safe and I want our baby to be healthy. I'm also mad because I took steps to avoid this, but here we are. My husbands proud of his men....I just want to smack him.
Hi i had my tubes cut and burn 14 yrs ago.. Could there be a chance am pregnant,i haven't had a pried in 6 weeks on Dec.7 well be two mo.can there be a chance i could be.i feel nausea,breast tenders, gain 10lbs. In one mo could there be a chance.yes am getting a test done just sacred of what it be am 46 yrs old so maybe going thou a life of change but never had this before
I had a tubal in 99. In 07 I learned I was pregnant at age 42.Its been 6 years and my period is 17 days late..is it possible im pregnant again at 48...?
I want to share a great testimony on this website on how great Priest  Babaka help me in falling pregnant,me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for over 4years,but they where no luck so we decided to contact the family doctor and after all the test have been done,he said to us that my fallopian tube is not functioning.then one day i was in the office when a friend of mine who have the same problem with me, fall pregnant after she contacted Priest  Babaka .she directed me to him and when i contacted him through his email and he did the purification on the pregnancy spell and in 2weeks time i was feeling some how and i went to meet the family doctor who told me that i am pregnant.if you know that you have a similar problem like this, or any fertility issue and you want to be pregnant you can contact Priest  Babaka via Email:babaka.***@****
Can someone who has had a successful birth after tubes tied 15 yrs at age 38-40 please explain their symptoms throughout pregnacy please ..... Im in te same boat but ppl keep saying it (menopause) but i wnt it to be PREGNANCY! !!