Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Which due date do I believe?

My husband and I found out we were pregnant about 2 wks ago. I had thought I hadn't ovulated this cylce, then randomly (or on instinct) took an ovulation test on day 28 of my cycle and it was positive!

Therefore, we are pretty sure when we conceived, but when using my LMP, I'm 2 weeks "more pregnant" than what I think I am.

Should I just wait for the sonogram? Even on this app I can't enter the date of conception so I'm confused on what stage I'm in. My primary care physician uses the LMP too.. I'm so confused...
The first couple weeks of pregnancy (according to how most people measure it) you are not actually pregnant. This is because it is difficult for a lot of people to predict their ovulation dates. Often pregnancy is measured from the first day of your last period, so for example: I am about 9 weeks pregnant, but really I'm more like 7 weeks pregnant since implantation. But for simplicity's sake, be cause I can't be exactly sure when I ovulated and when I implanted, I calculate from the first day of my last period.
Thanks. I do get that the luteal phase is included in pregnancy even though you're not technically pregnant then. I ovulated exactly 2 weeks later than I normally do. I'm getting confused just typing about it lol thanks though
I would wait till you get a ultrasound they go by measurements of the baby to get your due date
I have that same problem with this one cuz I was using a ov kit too and ovulated on day 22 but a normal cycle is ov on day 14-16 I believed but they have been sticking with the original due date of July 2 based off LMP including 2 sonos so im just going with that
Yeah it's confusing for them too! I think we'll stick with the LMP date too but we'll see after my sonogram.

The ultrasound will give you the best closest dates.  Though they are not always acurate either. Lol though I would go with that over any calculations. Did you know that technicaly you are 4-5 weeks pregnant before you get a positive pregnancy test. This is where the 9 moth is actually 10 months of being pregnant comes from.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.