Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

Why isn't herpes a routine test during pregnancy?

i checked all of my paperwork and don't anything about Herpes. I see Syphillis and other STDs that were tested . Did anyone else experience this?
Post
Bump
Herpes can only be tested by swab bing a sore.  Therefore, if you don't have any sores, there is no way to test for Herpes.  
They don't routinely check for herpes I'm not sure why but no I was not tested for herpes just hiv and the routine std checks I never thought about it bcuz I have never had symptoms and I was tested for all std's before and haven't changed partners since
Me either I was just wondering because I read where some ppl don't get symptoms . I think they should test for everything
That's not true Shandy. There is blood test for herpes
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.