Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

losing weight

I was just wondering i know your suppose to gain weight but sense getting pregnant ive lost 20 pounds
I know thats not normal
My doctor just said i need to eat more but i constantly eat.
Im 25 week 6 days
so tomorrow will be 26 weeks
marissa,  are you heavy?  If you're significantly overweight,  and you eat a lot,  you're probably fine.

If you started out average or underweight it's more of a problem.  
I hate some of these doctors. I lost 15 lbs and u am now 24 wka preggo and weight loss and pregnancy runs in my fam. Once ur not starving yourself etc don't worry. My baby has the weight and i don't. Doctors talk about bmi etc. i hate that crap, no " weight" chart can possibly tell me i am under weight or over weight. My sister had a 3 month looking belly at 9 months and baby weighed 7 lbs. If u listen to everything these american doc say then u will go nuts. ( just my opinion btw) they told me i was over weight according to my height etc..mind u, i had a flat stomach, nice "***" big breast etc ( i am from d island) but according to their bmi chart i was over weight. They irritate me
Plz excuse the typos. Using my mobile
At my 26 week checkup I discovered I'm still 11 pounds lighter then my prepregnancy weight. I asked my doctor if I should  change my diet but he said I'm fine because I already have all the extra weight I need (I'm 210 lbs) so it's perfectly fine if I don't gain anything. If your doctor is worried, then you should make changes, but if your doctor doesn't even mention it, then you're good to go.
I agree. The bmi is hogwash. According to bmi I am over weight but I wear a size 4 jeans and small shirts. I grew up on a farm and am strong. Bmi doesnt account for that.
I am at -22 lbs, but have started to gain a little. 18w6d. I am not worried about it because baby is doing fine :)
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.