Pregnancy: Ages 25-34 Community

oooh heartburn!!

Why can't it just go away!!?? Middle of the night and it hits me the worse possible! What do I do at 3 am if I have heartburn?  I didn't even have big meals throughout the day. I didn't lay down right after eating in the day so why is this hburn coming this late so angry! Lol. I tried drinking water and it doesn't help at all. What else?
Try milk
Tums... I keep them next to my bed... Also try propping yourself up a little... For me when I lay flat in bed the baby settles higher and puts pressure on my stomach which forces the acid up
Dairy is good, milk, yogurt or kafir
I had this problem last night. I ended up sitting on the edge of the bed and it didn't take long for it to go away
Get some papaya enzymes. I know that sounds odd but it helps. Most health food stores will have it, take one before meals
It always hits me at about 2-3am, even if I've eaten the right things and had milk and small meals... I sleep slightly propped up, which keeps the acid down (mostly)
I usually take zantac at night, I've been getting them every single night and if I don't take it, I can't sleep
This sounds crazy but my friends grandma told me & it does work try a spoonful of mustard its gross but works the alkaline in it cuts the acid out (:
I keep a bottle of Tums tablets next next o the bed. I've been plagued by what I call "Dragon Fire Heartburn" since about 9 weeks, every night and most days. I've tried adjusting my diet and eating schedules, but nothing really helps-so I take Tums. Instant relief, plus a calcium supplement and 100% safe during pregnancy.
My doctor prescribed me pills for heartburn cause mine was so bad. Maybe try talking to your doctor?
You can take zantac. My dr told me to take it for mine
Thank you so much ladies. I was sooo sleepy last night bc it kept me up most of the night and had so much heartburn I couldn't even think straight. I will definitely prepare myself with all your suggestions for next dragon fire heartburn midnight attack lol
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.