Is HCG blood test accurate 16 days after intercourse?

Hello, I am using birth control pills, however, on the 5th of January, I have puked 2.5 hours after taking it. That night I had sex, so I was afraid that the pill might not have been absorbed fully and I could have got pregnant. Next day I took two pills at the same time. After 10 days I saw some brown discharge and since it has never happened to me, I thought about that night and thought it might have been a sign of implantation (However, I have to mention that this month has been extremely stressful for me and I have been going through some anxiety issues, so maybe that is a fault of stress). However, I did the HCG blood test  on 22nd which came back negative. Can I be calm and trust it or it could have been too early to detect pregnancy? Thank you for your response.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Well, I understand your worry about vomiting after taking the pill but it would have to be pretty soon after for that to have any effect as the pill is absorbed relatively quickly.  Then taking two pills at once the next day.  That will throw off your hormones as it is basically double the amount of hormones for that day.  Spotting after that would be normal.  You took an HCG blood test which is very accurate.  So, yes, be calm and trust.