Pregnancy: June 2015 Babies Community

Pregnant with fracture..what to do when you can't X-Ray?

Im 8 weeks and although I have had no morning sickness I have extreme tiredness and mood swings my husband almost can't even handle and constipation. Its awful.

Also an old injury is super flared up maybe from the extra blood flow in the body or the slight added weight but now Im worried it was a fracture and now that Im pregnant an Xray is out of the question. I injured my Tibia September 2013 falling down rickety wooden stairs in the dark at my sisters wedding - It was in Napa ...old rustic wood...wine and pitch darkness are a bad combo.

It is now a year later and its still in so much pain but more so now than ever. At night its at its worst. It's a very intense dull ache, like what you would feel with a cavity but much larger across the front and inner center of my my shin. I can't even sleep through the pain lately. I'm guessing now a year later it was a fracture. It was very bruised and wounded for a few months but I could walk on it. I thought it was just a bad bruise but its been more than a year.

Maybe the added weight is too much for this bone because the pain is getting worse and suddenly now Im realizing I can't live with this pain. Ive only gained 4 pounds but Im terrified of what a few more months will feel like. I wonder if they will even treat a fracture a year later? And how would they go about checking for a fracture since I can't have an Xray?
Could they not use a lead apron over your tummy? Ultrasound maybe??