Pregnancy: Sep 2014 Babies Community
127 Members

How did your contractions start?

Just curious about how others experiences are. I'm 41w +3 and have not felt braxton Hick's or any sort of uncomfortable tightness, anything that I would consider "might" be a contraction. I just was wondering, when you finally when into labour, how did your contractions first start out? Small pressure that gradually increase? Lower back pain that slowly got worse? How long did it take for them to hurt?
I'm wondering the same thing ...I'm 40w+5 and I've not experience anything really uncomfortable .. I can't differentiate between baby movement or contractions .. My induction will start tomorrow and I really wanted to have a natural birth..
My induction also starts today! Good luck mama! I really wanted to have a natural birth as well, but bub is just too comfy in there ):
Hey... How are you feeling? I'm so scared/excited about seeing my little boy.. I can't believe it
Got a call from the hospital saying that they are too busy and have to wait until tomorrow. Was so upset at first, but what's one more day? I hope everything is going well for you! They said I should expect a call anywhere from 7am on throughout the day for me to go in, so its huge going to be a huge waiting game till then ):
Wow... They will keep me at the hospital today but the Dr will break my water tomorrow morning.. They said they are going to start with cytotec first to start the contractions.. I guess I won't see my little baby till tomorrow. I hope they call you early morning, it is so frustrated to have to wait more
That makes two of us (: are you dilated at all or effaced? Today at my appointment they said I was 2cm and 80% effaced. (Better than it was last Monday at 1cm) I really want to avoid a c section if I can,and the whole inducing thing has me on edge for it
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.