Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
7702223 tn?1394322654

Answers to frequently asked questions, please read!

1. Stretch marks are genetic, you either get them or you don't. Regardless of how much/what kind of lotion you use.(personally I use cocoa butter and it definitely helps fade them but nothing can prevent them.)
2. Sex won't harm your baby unless you do some crazy freaky positions or go super duper hard. Normal sex will cause no harm and can be performed throughout your pregnancy unless your Dr for some reason discourages it.
3."Am I pregnant?!" questions, I'm sorry this needs to be said. We are not your Doctor and if you don't even know for sure that you are pregnant than how do you figure strangers on the internet can tell you if you are or not? Take a test!
4. You cannot upload a profile picture on here from the mobile app you have to go to the main website.
5. Spicy foods etc won't hurt your baby.
6. You can find out the sex of your baby as early as 15 weeks but it's a lot more accurate around 19-20 weeks.
7.Most woman feel their baby around 20 weeks, but remember every pregnancy is different.
8. Smoking and second hand smoke do harm your baby, common sense.

*That's all I can think of for now, feel free to add.*
102 Responses
8537342 tn?1403345583
Finally all in one :)
Best. Post. Ever.
Bump
7792415 tn?1412275832
Bump.

Omg i love you lol
7826987 tn?1401694641
9. You CAN colour your hair while your pregnant!
Cramping is totally normal. Throughout entire pregnancy. Bleeding bright red is not. Or unbearable cramps are not normal. But nevertheless, period like cramps... Expect to get them. :)
Lmbo @ #3
Some people get lots of nausea and some people don't get any. Sometimes morning sickness lasts two weeks and sometimes it lasts eight months. It does not mean something is wrong that you are or are not having morning sickness.
Gender "tests" - baking soda, Chinese calendar, carrying high or low, high or low heart rate, craving spicy or sweet, morning sickness or none... they're all exactly 50% accurate.
100% accurate tests include fetal genetic blood testing, a very clear ultrasound picture, or childbirth. That's it.
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy will harm your baby. Drs don't know if there is a safe limit, so best to avoid completely. And you will feel judged buying beer with your big pregnant belly
Every pregnancy is different. You can not dictate when you will get your baby bump by when someone else got theirs. All you can do is compare. They're is no definite answer on when you will start to show. Out all depends on you.
Oh and just because you are not getting as big as you thought you would, doesn't mean something is wrong with your baby. If doctor says its fine, its fine.
8765505 tn?1399768536
If your "boyfriend/man/hubby physically abuses you - leave!!"

If you gotta ask strangers should you keep your baby or not --YOU SHOULD NOT ! if you gotta ask u don't deserve that child!  Give it to someone who will love them
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.